20th September 2010
Registration Mark AB07 CDE
Please find enclosed the V5C document for vehicle AB07 CDE with a Change to Current Vehicle Body Type (20) changed from Panel Van to Motor
As you can see from the enclosed photographs I have carried out the following permanent changes to the vehicle to convert it from its original classification as Panel Van to Motor Caravan.
1. Permanent Side Windows: there are a total of 4 side windows fitted: 2 on each side
2. Seats and Table: there are two permanently attached rear bench seats that seat diners around a detachable table. The table mounting is permanently affixed to the floor.
3. Bed: The above bench seats convert into a bed which is approx 183cm long
4. Kitchen Area: This comprises a permanently fixed unit with a refrigerator, 4 ring gas cooker and sink. The gas is supplied from a fixed gas cylinder inside the van. The water is supplied via an electric pump from a permanently installed in-board 100 litre fresh water tank and a fixed gas and electric water heater. There is also a 70 litre waste water tank fitted underneath the vehicle.
5. Integral cupboards: There are a number of permanently fixed wall and floor mounted storage cupboards.
6. Doors: These have been retained from the original panel van design with two outward opening rear doors and a sliding side door. These have been glazed with windows.
I believe that this fully complies with the requirements for classification as a Motor Caravan.
Accordingly I would be pleased if you could reclassify this vehicle as a Motor Caravan and return the modified V5C.